Saturday, June 5, 2010

Law School Blogging "Story Mode"

As I start to pick through One-L, I grow envious of those people who have enough discipline to do things like keep journals which they can convert into long selling, super popular books among the law school obsessed. Perhaps I should be recording some incredibly gripping anecdotes about how Professor So-And-So systematically broke one of my academic arch rivals through brutal use of the Socratic Method. After all, it's can't be too hard to dramatize the mundane events of daily life," I typed, eyes fixed on the bright laptop screen in the semi-darkness of a room that was already too hot without the addition of energy-inefficient incandescent bulbs. The date was June the 5th, meaning that it was less than two months until I would be accepting my keys to the apartment that would be my lair for the next 3 years of life: my law school experience. Law School...the mere mention of the words sent tingles down my spine. Was it excitement? Fear? Would I be prepared? Would it be me who would provide the fodder for the professors' cannons? Would I be the one who would be crying, huddled in a dark corner of the library, drying my eyes with the pages of a case book that had betrayed me, hidden its precious secrets from me. Why did Law School have to be this way? Why did it have to be so hard about it after all? I imagine writing a good Law School Novel is taking one part truth, one part changed names, two parts summarizing of experiences, and a whole barrel of drama.

Good thing that LS has plenty of all in supply.

Look forward to the first Law School Journal coming to a blogshelf near you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is updated approximately whenever I feel like it. Those of you who expect some kind of schedule will be sorely disappointed, and probably don't realize how scatterbrained I am.

© TheSharklord. Yes, I reserve my rights. Look, touch, but do not steal. Or I will find you.