Sunday, June 13, 2010

Doctor Who: My Obsession



This post is about me gushing commenting calmly about Doctor Who. It has basically no law school content. Ignore if you wish.

So, I can't wait to go to law school, but I also can't wait for Saturdays (or Sundays, when I actually watch) when Doctor Who comes on.

There are those of you who perhaps don't know what or who Doctor Who is. For those of you for whom this is the case, I pity you. Essentially it's the ongoing story of a human-looking alien who can travel through time and space in a spaceship which is stuck looking like a police box. A police box that's bigger on the inside. Essentially he just runs around being an interstellar baller. Doctor Who is also the longest running sci-fi show in the world. This is a gross over-simplification, so you should go here to learn the full extent of the awesomness that is Doctor Who.
 
Doctor Who is by far my favorite TV show ever, as it simultaneously gives me incredible sci-fi story telling, heart wrenching drama, brit-wit, Brit accents, ridiculously awkward but incredible Doctors, and gorgeous/hilarious/generally awesome companions. Now, it may be that I'm a sucker for accents in general, and particularly for Scottish ones, and I have a deep abiding appreciation for red hair, but I think Karen Gillan is amazing. Or I think Amy Pond (Karen's character) is amazing. One of the two. Amy Pond wanders through the ridiculousness that is the Doctor's day-to-day with hilarious incredulity to it all. I have to say, I hope I wind up going through law school with the same attitude.

The Series 5 (which is up to its last 2 shows!) Trailer:


No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is updated approximately whenever I feel like it. Those of you who expect some kind of schedule will be sorely disappointed, and probably don't realize how scatterbrained I am.

© TheSharklord. Yes, I reserve my rights. Look, touch, but do not steal. Or I will find you.