Thursday, March 11, 2010

Touring the Aquarium and Other Matters

A few days ago I road-tripped with my mother to look at apartments and the Law School. First off, I must say that the trip, albeit a short drive--about 2.5 hrs--from home felt like going a world away. I must also say that listening to my mother sing old Bon Jovi songs was...interesting...to say the least.

One thing I certainly have to say about the campus is that the place is amazing. By far as beautiful as the various photos and proclamations by current students would have one believe. Lots of trees and grass make me happy. To be honest, I think think this will feel a whole lot more like a vacation than a 3-year trial by fire. Of course that attitude will likely change once I sit down in my first class. Anyhow, I'll be going back in only a week to attend the Admitted Students day for the place.

I also put down a deposit for my new apartment (reality: Mom put down the deposit--I have no money. I'm going to be scraping the barrel to get out of undergrad with enough money for a lunch from Wawa.) The place is so popular there's no open places to use as a model apartment anymore. So essentially we committed nearly $1K to get in line to get a lease for an apartment I've only looked at online. Awesome.

The next order of business is the furnishing. While at one point I'd planned on a pre-furnished place, my frame of mind has changed dramatically. This is very much contingent on being able to afford the stuff. We'll see. I will say this. I went to IKEA the other day. It has changed my life.

Now all I need to do is finish up where I am...my Roman History paper awaits...

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is updated approximately whenever I feel like it. Those of you who expect some kind of schedule will be sorely disappointed, and probably don't realize how scatterbrained I am.

© TheSharklord. Yes, I reserve my rights. Look, touch, but do not steal. Or I will find you.