Monday, March 29, 2010

In Which I Finally Take Care of Some Unfinished Business

A roundup on what's been going on:

  1. I've sent in my seat deposit to School.
  2. I've gone to School's admitted student's weekend.
  3. I now am fully in love with School.
  4. I've decided to no longer be law school anonymous.
  5. I've signed a lease on my apartment.
  6. I still haven't gotten word on my summer internship.
For those of you who are impossibly lazy and just want to read up on a certain item, jump to the appropriate number.

1.) Okay, actually this is actually out of order with a previous post, but this fact has an impact on Number Six. So I'll mention again. I've seat deposited at my awesome school of awesomeness. I actually couldn't be more happy with the decision, which I think is by far the best for me. And, I'm incredibly fortunate that this place which is "best for me" is also "best for my finances." So, I get to happily indulge myself in the pleasures of life a bit more because my loan load will be a good bit less than otherwise.

2.) The ASW was awesome, and made me like the school even more. In a lot of ways it settled in my mind that I'm where I'm meant to be. It was shorter than a lot of other schools, but during it I got to see the great people that populate the place, and it's an awfully good feeling to be somewhere where you can feel like every single person that really doesn't have to care about you does with every fiber of their being. And I love the financial aid lady for her presentation. It was the most upbeat one I'd been to. I want to make her cookies or something. Though my host was busy writing a moot court brief (Work stinks I know, man. Stay strong. Pound it.), I spent time hanging out with a friend of his and her admitted students.

I feel the need to pause and consider how hosts with their admitted students are something like these. I totally think I saw a host shaking one in order to simulate taking her out for a walk.

Anyway, I loved hanging out with the group of them, they were fun. And from any guy's perspective, being in a group people with a male-female ratio of 5-1 can never be that bad. Well, unless you're terrified of conversation. In which case you might be in trouble.

3.) If you hadn't gathered from the above two posts. What? You skipped down to this number? WELL SUCH IS THE PUNISHMENT FOR BEING LAZY!!

4.) Sort of...especially because i want to talk more about my experiences and life in and around XXXXXX I've decided to not make this be school anonymous forever. I'm keeping my own name off the books, but I figure claiming a school isn't going to be a problem, since I'm not going to be trash talking the administration. Course, I'm not going to always be waving a flag, but those of you who want to know where I'll be, can start guessing from this picture:


For those of you in the know, or are good at identifying geographical objects, this should get you pretty far.

5.) I now have an apartment, which is epically huge compared to my one room single in the Quad (which has served me well, don't get me wrong). At around 800 square feet, it could pretty much eat my current space for an appetizer. I'm on the top floor (of 3), and I even get a balcony.



All this for a fraction of the cost of if I had stayed at my current university and gotten a nice room in one of the apartment complexes here! Even comes with a dishwasher, which makes up for having to go downstairs for laundry. Plus it's within walking distance of the law school, which is a major plus because I don't know what the car situation is like at this point...

6.) Still waiting. 3 weeks since sending in a seat deposit... *deep breath* Patience is a virtue, Patience is a virtue... More on it once I hear back...

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is updated approximately whenever I feel like it. Those of you who expect some kind of schedule will be sorely disappointed, and probably don't realize how scatterbrained I am.

© TheSharklord. Yes, I reserve my rights. Look, touch, but do not steal. Or I will find you.