Tuesday, July 27, 2010

One Week

Read this post to the tune of "One Week" by Barenaked Ladies.

It's just...One Week till I have to leave
Drive to Charlottesville, pick up my keys,
Twelve days till the movers come, hauling,
All of this stuff that I'm taking with me,
Two weeks and some change until,
I have to assemble it all with my drill,
Though thats 3 days of hell,
It's only 3 weeks till I am a 1L!

Holy crap, the summer flew by,
In this I can't lie,
I say it's almost over too fast,
Now I'm tracking, packing, slacking, cracking, fracking, smacking
My head: because it's almost time for my first class.
Haven't gotten section class lists,
So I must ask this,
Do you know what books we're supposed to get?
Notebooks, binders, folders, mad pens,
Pencils, and things to sharpen,
All stuff I haven't purchased yet.
First things first, for good or worse,
I need a plan to stop, rehearse,
Because, honestly, I don't know what I'm doing,
In merely weeks, UVA seeks,
To make me speak, like I have leaks,
Just spouting legal words,
Like the oil that keeps spewing,

How can I help it if I'm a little bit eager,
Filled with enthusiasm of an ex-Ivy Leaguer,
I know that may mean I'm a little bit crazy,
Don't think that last bit is true? You will see,
In just four weeks I'll be wishing I was elsewhere,
Turns out law school is a whole lot of work,


It's just one week till I have to leave
Regardless of what they say, I'll take it with me,
Two weeks till I'm gone for good,
Take one last look at my hometown neighborhood,
And just a few days left of fun,
Didn't realize summer was almost done,
But I'd say, it's all been swell,
And now it's just 3 more weeks till I am a 1L!

Roll up to Ivy, prepare to check-in,
Open my door and my brain starts tickin',
Maybe I host some law school parties,
Invite the smarties,
And get them to give me outlines,
That might streamline all my study,
Make Review buddies,
"Hey, girl, your notes are so fine!"
Okay so that's a bad pick-up,
I know, so shut up,
I dare you to make a better line,
Unpacking all my stuff,
I wonder if I have enough,
I only brought 100 packs of Ramen,
I figure maybe I'll need more,
In case I never leave my door,
Unless I'm going to classes once again,

How can I help it if I'm a little bit eager,
Filled with enthusiasm of an ex-Ivy Leaguer,
I know that may mean I'm a little bit crazy,
Don't think that last bit is true? You will see,
In just four weeks I'll be wishing I was elsewhere,
I really wish that 1Ls got clerks,

It's just one week till I have to go
It's mindblowing that the time really here--you know?
Five days more left of fun,
Then I have orientation,
Two weeks till the epic move,
Have to drag out all my things and assemble to,
Sorry, didn't mean to dwell, it's just
Only three weeks till I am a 1L.

4 comments:

  1. HAHAHAHA you're good at that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it!! You should make your own Dr.Seuss-ish poem about it too.
    Like..."Green books and spam"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! ;) That is hysterical. And good luck with 1L!

    ReplyDelete

This blog is updated approximately whenever I feel like it. Those of you who expect some kind of schedule will be sorely disappointed, and probably don't realize how scatterbrained I am.

© TheSharklord. Yes, I reserve my rights. Look, touch, but do not steal. Or I will find you.