Sunday, July 4, 2010

Oh Yeah! Other News:

I was catching up on the handful of blogs that I've taken up reading and saw this from Legal Alien, which reminded me: "Holy crap I'm actually starting law school in a month and a few days." Not only that, but for the first time in ages, we're actually getting emails from the law school with orientation-y type things!

For instance...

I have a UVA email address! 
It's nice and shiny and had the option of being a Gmail account, which I took, because, let's be honest, there's no email better than Gmail. There's also no business like show business, but that's for another blog post. I doubt I'll ever use the address directly, though, as I've got every email I care about forwarded to my main gmail and the accounts linked so I can send out on them. Nevertheless, I've got the pebble theme up over there, and it's very peaceful. Sharky likes.

I have to turn in my darn immunization forms!
I'm a very anti-shot person, and so I'm none-too-thrilled about the prospects of having needles shoved up my arm in the name of protecting myself and others. I'm also none-too-thrilled at trying to figure out who I'm supposed to call to get records of all of this stuff. I suppose my pediatrician. Honestly, can't we just agree that we'll all not get sick and that'll be the end of that?

I ordered a brand new laptop!
Mine is on its deathbed more or less, and the school requires laptops. As such they have a one-time loan eligibility increase up to $2500 for anyone presenting a receipt for their laptop. Now, I could have tried to be frugal and gotten an economical solution, minimizing the amount of loan increase I would require, but i got to thinking...$2500 can buy a lot of computer. And netbook. And extra monitor.

Utilities?!
Right around now, I have to look into trying to get the utilities set up in my apartment, a task which really does signify the coming of a new era. I am slightly nervous though, as I've never had to pay for utilities before, and I have no idea how much I'm going to be spending per month. If stuff gets to expensive I may start staying over at other peoples places for showers, and my apartment will be the ambient temperature outside, no matter how hot or cold that is.

Course Listings Are Up!
Although I don't know what my personal schedule will be (our section assignments apparently don't come out until August), I do know that for the first time in years I will have to suffer class on Fridays. [Moment of Mourning] After so long, I'd sorta forgotten that real people do anything on Fridays--I had always presumed that the weekend started Thursday mid-afternoon when my first semester classes ended last year. I also didn't have class on Monday that semester, I believe, so I also figured that everyone had 4 day weekends. Suppose that wasn't as accurate as I'd hoped. Hmmm...

I don't know too much about the majority of the professors yet, but I am excited to meet them.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Anyhow, that's what's new!

1 comment:

  1. No, real people don't do anything on Friday. At least not after lunch time. Most mentally go on vacation on Thursdays. They show up on Fridays for good measure

    ReplyDelete

This blog is updated approximately whenever I feel like it. Those of you who expect some kind of schedule will be sorely disappointed, and probably don't realize how scatterbrained I am.

© TheSharklord. Yes, I reserve my rights. Look, touch, but do not steal. Or I will find you.